PRODUCT MARKETER - MARKETPLACE (U.S. REMOTE OR LINCOLN, NE)
(final level based on applicant experience)
Opendorse is proud of its decade of experience helping athletes understand, build, protect, and monetize their brand. More than 85,000 athletes use Opendorse to understand, build, and monetize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) with support from thousands of brands, fans, sponsors, donors, and partners including the PGA TOUR, NHL, NFLPA, MLBPA, WNBPA, LPGA, over 100 professional and collegiate sports teams.
In 2022, the Opendorse Marketplace is the leading NIL destination for athletes. From managing their NIL to completing deals and securing payment, Athletes use Opendorse to connect with Fans, Brands, Donors, and Sponsors. For Student Athletes, Opendorse technology also serves as an all-in-one NIL solution for marketing, education, and compliance.
If you love a challenge and are eager to scale a SaaS and Direct-to-Consumer business to the next level, this role is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing sports startup, that cares about its people and culture, has a strong brand, a great solution, and is loved by its partners.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a product marketer for the Opendorse Marketplace, you will be a key voice in creating success for fans, brands, and athletes
- Partner with product, customer experience, operations, campaigns, and other teams to set positioning and strategy for all product launches and on-going information for our marketplace
- Acquire and utilize customer insights to inform narratives, product marketing priorities, and cross-department teams to improve marketplace engagement
- Collaborate with Product to help build compelling product offerings that solve pain points for our customers
- Expert in our product offerings by communicating key value propositions to customers, sales, internal teams and leaders.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A believer in our company vision to “Help Every Athlete” and brings that to life in our products and experiences
- 3+ years of marketplace product marketing experience
- Well-rounded marketer with demonstrated success in crafting product positioning documents and fan messaging
- Someone who can speak to customer challenges and solutions
- Strong bias for action when a problem is identified
- A thought leader about the target market, how data plays a role in decision-making, and an excellent collaborator to achieve outcomes
- Experience in compelling storytelling across multiple mediums – web copy, solution briefs, presentations, and outbound sales assets
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Showing ownership of previous projects with limited direction or institutional experience
- Initiative to take a project from start to finish while iterating improvements
- Knowledge of customer segmentation, market analysis and building business cases to improve the customer and user experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven collaborator who can connect across multiple functions and geographies
- Ability to put frameworks and data around the why, what, when, how and have accountability to the results.
DIVERSITY AT OPENDORSE
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.